Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Can I really have a 4-hour work week?

A popular new book on the shelves promotes the 4-hour work week ... and the idea behind it seems dead sexy. Can it really be done?

I decided to put the book to the test. At first, I didn't think much of it...the info wasn't as quickly and easily available/followed as I would have liked. However, upon further review (which meant reading the ENTIRE book) I must admit I am sold on giving this idea a go. So what's the catch?

The reality check: Don't expect a 4-hour work week anytime soon. Obtaining such liberation takes a great deal of defining, eliminating, and automating those things currently dominating your time: Work, Home, Play, etc. I hope to just get back to a 40-hour work week over the next 30 days.

A main premise of the book is the need to outsource much of your life ... to India. That won't settle with quite a few but for those willing to try, there is no reason it wouldn't work, especially if you are willing to accept an Indian version of English in your writings/emails/etc.

If I'm willing (and I am) to work at creating a revenue stream that takes little of my time, I will get to an eventual 4-hour work week. I am setting my target to achieve the 4-hour work week as July 4th, 2010.

Until then, if you need to outsource Sales Training or Marketing, let me know. I offer excellent service and best of all, I'm right here in the US of A.

No comments: